Wednesday, May 16, 2012

History of Tweety





It all started once upon a time with our good friends Jennie Happe and Chris Phips. They wanted me to find them a camper after a trip we made with them to the Annapolis boat show. I started to look online which I love to do and found the fiberglass camper site that has about 40 different brands listed with pics. I told Becky that I had to find one of these campers that were made in the early 70's. I found one in St Loius and one in Macon GA. I called Penny the current owner of the one in Macon and after about an hour talking to this southern lady I decided to take a chance to buy it sight unseen. She got it from her uncle who swapped a john boat for it, but his wife would not get into it so he stored it under a barn and put wood in it for about 8 years.You can see from the pics that the color is very faded  so at this point we thought we would call it Mellow Yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment